SPOILERS
Dune is a sci fi book which i would describe as Star Wars meets Game of Thrones. The main character is Paul, heir to the House (royal family) Atriedes. His whole life he has lived on Caladan, but something I've noticed is that he never had any friends or had any contact with anybody besides his family, teachers and trainers. Now, after years of losing the support of the planet, the people of Caladan don't want them there anymore, So the Emperor( who basically controls all the Houses) decided to give the Atreides's the planet Arrakis or Dune. Dune is a HORRIBLE planet. Two big suns, constant sandstorms, almost no water, I mean there is so little water that the people living on the planet haave to wear these moisture capturing suit becuase they cannot afford to shed a tear or they will die. This planet would be seriously undesirable if it didn't have an overflowing amount of the galaxies most important resource. an addictive spice called melange. As far as I know the only purpose of melange is to feed people's addiction.
No comments:
Post a Comment