Thursday, January 19, 2012

blogpost #13: Dune

As I continue reading I find myself wanting to know more about The Duke Leto. the book doesn't show you much in his percpective so far but everyone seems to be mad at him for his political descisions and playing right into the Harkkenons's hands. But it's wierd becuase when you do get his percpective, he knows exactly what he's doing and he seems to mean well. It's like when people this guy is an awful person, and when you finally meet them, they aren't as bad as people make them out to be.  The Duke seems like he knows what he's doing, but the cool thing is that you never really know what he is thinking or what his  intentions are with the planet Arrakis, but you know just enough about his connection with his son and the bi-polar like relationship with his Lady to see that he's not a bad guy. His son does'nt think he's a bad guy either . What little contact he has with father is almost a loving serious tone. Leto tries to teach Paul about the responsibilities of being heir. there's a feeling of impending doom as I read more of the book. I think that something bad is going to happen to the Atriedes's that's going to cripple their House and there going to have to confront the Harkonnenons and the Imperial House.

No comments:

Post a Comment